Why did Council undertake the Strategy?
This strategy contributes to our Community Wellbeing goal “An active, safe and healthy community” in the MyCoffs Community Strategic Plan and the following MyCoffs Outcomes:
• we have facilities that support affordable options for people to be active through a wide range of sport and recreation activities
• our community is supported to make healthy lifestyle choices
•our health service provision meets the needs of our growing and ageing population
• local sport is supported to encourage active lifestyles at all ages
Why does Council need a Pool Strategy?
The strategy has been developed to ensure that our future provision of pools and the services offered at Sawtell and Woolgoolga address current and future aquatic recreational needs. Council is focused on providing attractive and popular pools for the community and visitors
What was addressed in the Pool Strategy?
SGL Consulting Group has prepared a strategy for the long term sustainable development and operation of the Sawtell and Woolgoolga swimming pools which has included:
▪ Shell condition and associated structures.
▪ Operational practices
▪ Servicing and maintenance regime and provided improvement recommendations.
▪ Capital and maintenance plans addressing identified gaps to ensure continued service delivery.
▪ Water and energy efficiency opportunities improving plant efficiency.
▪ Assessing the two swimming pools against broader aquatic strategy outcomes.
▪ Compliance with current relevant standards associated with the operation of a public pool complex.
Why wasn’t the Coffs Harbour and Nana Glen pool included?
The strategy is not a regional study. It is to address the condition and future requirements of the Sawtell and Woolgoolga Community pools.
How do I make a submission?
For electronic/online submissions: Our Have Your Say screen has a "Make A Submission" section. You can upload an existing document using the Lodge a Submission link or you can type your comments in the field provided. You will be required to register legitimate contact details for your submission to be accepted.
For submissions on paper: clearly mark your correspondence as a "Submission to the Sawtell and Woolgoolga Pool Strategy Report". It should be sent to: The General Manager, Coffs Harbour City Council, Locked Bag 155, Coffs Harbour, NSW 2450. Alternatively, paper submissions can be delivered to Council's Administrative Centre at the corner of Coff and Castle Streets, Coffs Harbour (Mon-Fri, 8.30am to 4.30pm). Please provide your contact details to assist us to respond to your submission.