Bushfire Community Recovery and Resilience Fund - Phase Two Stream 2
Coffs Harbour City Council was successful in obtaining a grant of $145,000 for a series of recovery and resilience projects through the Bushfire Community Recovery and Resilience Fund (BCRRF) Phase Two - Stream 2. Funding for BCRRF is provided through the joint Commonwealth/State Disaster Recovery Funding Arrangements.
Phase Two of the BCRRF supports community recovery by funding projects that promote community well-being, social and broader recovery and future disaster resilience.
Council has partnered with Bellingen Shire Council and the Local Emergency Management Committee (LEMC) to work with Resilience NSW to ensure the Coffs Harbour and Bellingen local emergency area is able to align with a broader regional strategic approach. Community based projects resulted from community engagement between residents, local groups and Council's Community Recovery Officer. Please see project list below.
This program of activities continues to promote community well-being; support the social and broader recovery of the community and; promote future disaster resilience in the local government area and local emergency management area.
These projects are in partnership with Bellingen Shire Council; Local Emergency Management Committee; Nana Glen Landcare Group; New South Wales Rural Fire Service (RFS) - Mid North Coast Team and; the Hotspots Fire Project.
- Project 1: Recruitment of part-time Project Support Officer to support the coordination, engagement and implementation of the BCRRF programs and Council's ongoing Bushfire Recovery Program
- Project 2: Partner with Bellingen Shire Council and the LEMC to conduct a renewed Risk Assessment of the Local Emergency Management Plan
- Project 3: Partner with Nana Glen Landcare Group to support environmental recovery and restoration of the Coldwater Creek Travelling Stock Reserve including informative flora and fauna signage and creation of digital content of cultural history of place including first nation people and the Liberation Trail bushfire event
- Project 4: Partner with RFS - Mid North Coast team to create a second digital resource around the RFS Bushfire Survival Plan - Decide to Stay
- Project 5: Partner with Hotspots Fire Project to support workshops and Cafe Sessions
- Project 6: Partner with Bellingen Shire Council and Resilience NSW to support the creation of Community Resilience Networks to contribute to local and regional social and economic resilience an recovery
- Project 7: Partner with Bellingen Shire Council and Resilience NSW to develop a Local Recovery Plan to prepare for future events