What is the purpose of the Planning Proposal?
This Planning Proposal applies to two separate land parcels located at Bonville, being 223 Braford Drive and 40D Irvines Road. The properties are accessed by Pine Creek Way and the local road network. This Planning Proposal describes an amendment of Coffs Harbour Local Environmental Plan (LEP) 2013 applying to parts of these land parcels for:
R5 Large Lot Residential purposes and revision of Environmental Conservation zone extent (223 Braford Drive); and
R5 Large Lot Residential purposes (40D Irvines Road).
Other LEP maps which are proposed to be amended (consistent with the proposed change to the land use zones) are the:
* Minimum Lot Size map (both properties); and
* Terrestrial Biodiversity, Drinking Water Catchment, Riparian lands and Watercourse map (223 Braford Drive property only).
What is the purpose of the Draft DCP mapping amendments?
The purpose of the proposed amendments to the DCP Mapping is to ensure that appropriate planning controls will correspond with the proposed land use zones described by the proposed LEP Amendment. The relevant maps contained within the DCP are the front building setback map, the side/rear building setback map, and the preservation of vegetation map.
What is the background to this project?
The intent of this Planning Proposal is to correct mapping errors which have occurred on the subject lands, following the rezoning of the wider Bonville Lot Residential Investigation Area on 19 May 2017. These properties were omitted (in error) from the areas which were endorsed for rezoning by Council.
On 9 November 2017, Council resolved to exhibit a Planning Proposal applying to 223 Braford Drive, Bonville and 40D Irvines Road, Bonville pending endorsement by the NSW Department of Planning and Environment (DPE) via a Gateway Determination. The Planning Proposal facilitates an amendment to Coffs Harbour Local Environmental Plan (LEP) 2013 to permit Large Lot Residential development on parts of those properties. Council also resolved to exhibit amendments to the maps contained within Coffs Harbour Development Control Plan (DCP) 2015 which are relevant to this Planning Proposal.
The DPE issued a Gateway Determination on 25 January 2018, which endorsed the exhibition of the Planning Proposal subject to conditions, including the submission of a Preliminary Site Contamination Investigation relevant to the Braford Drive property.
The documents which are on exhibition are:
- Planning Proposal PP_2017_COFFS_005_00: Braford Drive and Irvines Road, Bonville: Version 2 Public Exhibition (April 2018);
- Preliminary Site Contamination Investigation - Whitehead and Asscociates (March 2018): applies to 223 Braford Drive;
- Coffs Harbour Development Control Plan (DCP) 2015 – proposed DCP mapping amendments;
- Background information, including Environmental Studies which inform the Planning Proposal, the relevant Council Reports, Council Minutes and the Gateway Determination.
All documents are available to view in the document library.